Some of the common interests and concerns we hear from the community -
- wants to be a better basketball player,
- needs to learn the fundamentals,
- is being taught Plays rather than how to play,
- has been playing in games and leagues but not getting better,
- had some success but needs training to reach the next level,
- is not impressed or satisfied with the games and leagues,
- shocked at the lack of basketball in the area,
- looking for some serious basketball for the child to experience,
- looking to help the child reach basketball goals,
- is impressed by the players that train with WIN.
And quotes from area coaches and school ADs:
- "the few kids we get have little skills and very little basketball IQ, they're starting late and not being taught much at places like the Rec/YMCA or AAU,"
- "middle school is not enough time to teach and prepare them for HS,"
- "we need better coaches/coaching for MS and JV programs,"
- "an organized development program is long overdue,"
- "our varsity programs fall short in the playoffs and versus the high schools that have strong feeder programs."